Autism Diagnostic Clinic
The Autism Diagnostic Clinic at JSS Behavioral Services offers comprehensive diagnostic evaluations, in addition to screening and consultation for individuals ages three through adulthood suspected of having an autism spectrum disorder.
In order to provide a comprehensive autism assessment, we use state-of-the-art tools that will help ensure an accurate diagnosis. We use a team-based approach which allows for collaboration and consultation among our clinicians.
What can I expect during my first appointment?
- Structured interview to obtain information about the individual’s early developmental, medical, social, and educational history.
- Targeted autism spectrum disorder interview that collects information about the individual’s communication, social interaction, and patterns of behavior.
- This first appointment will be approximately 1 ½ – 2 hours in length.
- If the individual requires further assessment, testing needs will be discussed.
Please bring the following materials to your first appointment: Copies of relevant records, including most recent IEP, school records, past psychological, speech-language, and/or occupational therapy evaluations. If you need assistance accessing this information, we will discuss this with you at your appointment.
Reevaluations are available for children and adolescents diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder who are receiving Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services. Reevaluations are conducted in accordance with insurance program requirements, and can be useful in assessing an individual’s progress and to help guide interventions.
Please note the following:
*No Waiting List!
*Appointments held in our North Charleston office
*Many types of insurance accepted
*Only 1 appointment needed. Appointments generally consist of the following:
- Adaptive testing
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule- Second Edition (ADOS-2)
- Administration of a cognitive assessment (as needed)
- Written report
For more information or to send a referral, please call (843) 637-4211 or fax (843) 793-3691