Consultation and Training
JSS Behavioral Services provides a number of training and consultation services. Common training topics include:
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (assessment and treatment)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (assessment and treatment)
- Behavior Management
- Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA)
- Behavior Intervention Planning (BIPs)
- Classroom behavior management strategies and programs
- School-wide support for Behavioral-Response to Intervention (Behavioral-RTI)
We offer a number of options to help families, schools, and agencies learn effective, evidence-based strategies to reduce the occurrence of problematic behavior. Please contact our office for more information.
We provide comprehensive services for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families. Our services include: diagnostic evaluations using the “gold standard” ADOS-2, reassessments to comply with ABA funding sources, and individual and group-based social skill training programs. We regularly offer parent consultation, staff training, and other support services for the community, and remain active in our efforts to provide continuity of care with our patients’ treatment team.
JSS Behavioral Services offers school-based behavioral mental health services. It is our goal to partner with schools to provide an innovative, tiered service delivery model that will help individual students, their families, teachers and the school. Our model is collaborative, team-based, data-driven, and is strongly supported by research.
Our school-based model begins with a free consultation, wherein our clinical team can begin to assess your needs and develop a specific program for your students and staff. We will use a customized approach to ensure your school receives the following positive outcomes:
- Reduction in problem behaviors
- Alleviation of strained school resources
- Increase in academic achievement
- Assurance that mental health challenges are addressed thoroughly
- Easing of budgetary constraints by reducing the need for additional staff or external placement
- Clear communication link between teachers, parents and administration
Using our tiered model, the following services may be available:
Tier 1 (direct service for students):
- Psychological and Psychoeducational testing
- Individual and group counseling
- Behavior Intervention Plans
- Free universal screenings of behavioral health conditions (Autism, ADHD, other behavior problems, etc.)
Tier 2 (consultation and system support):
- Teacher trainings and workshops
- Collaborative problem-solving meetings
- Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans
- System and program development
- Support services for staff
We believe our model and approach will be especially successful for students who present with ADHD, anxiety, autism, learning disabilities, oppositional behaviors, conduct problems, depression, inattention, executive skill deficits, and peer and social skills difficulties. If you are interested in setting up a meeting or would like to discuss our programs in greater detail, please do not hesitate to contact us. Dr. Jeff Selman can be reached at (843) 637-4211 or via email: jselman@JSSBehavioral.com.