School Based Services
JSS Behavioral Services offers school-based behavioral mental health services. It is our goal to partner with schools to provide an innovative service delivery model that will help individual students, their families, teachers and the school. Our model is collaborative, team-based, data-driven, and is strongly supported by research. If schools would like to select specific services for their students (i.e., counseling and assessment) rather than a comprehensive set of services that may include consultation and training, this option is also available.
Our school-based model begins with a free consultation, wherein our clinical team can begin to assess your needs and develop a specific program for your students and staff. We will use a customized approach to ensure your school receives the following positive outcomes:
- Reduction in problem behaviors or mental health concerns
- Alleviation of strained school resources
- Increase in academic achievement
- Assurance that mental health challenges are addressed thoroughly
- Easing of budgetary constraints by reducing the need for additional staff or external placement
- Clear communication link between teachers, parents and administration
Using our model, the following services may be available:
(direct service for students):
- Psychological and Psychoeducational testing
- Individual and group counseling
- Behavior Intervention Plans
- Free universal screenings of behavioral health conditions (Autism, ADHD, other behavior problems, etc.)
(consultation and system support):
- Teacher trainings and workshops
- Parent trainings and workshops
- Collaborative problem-solving meetings
- Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans
- System and program development
- Support services for staff
We believe our model and approach will be especially successful for students who present with ADHD, anxiety, autism, learning disabilities, oppositional behaviors, conduct problems, depression, inattention, executive skill deficits, and peer and social skills difficulties. If you are interested in setting up a meeting or would like to discuss our programs in greater detail, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Dr. Jeff Selman can be reached at (843) 637-4211 or via email: JSelman@JSSBehavioral.com.